Open-source Flask Dashboard generated by AppSeed on top of SB Admin design (free version)
SB Admin is a beautifully designed admin template featuring a fine selection of useful Bootstrap components and elements. For newcomers, Flask is a lightweight web application framework written in Python that can be easily extended to become an API, a simple one-page project, or complex eCommerce solutions.
- Codebase - Flask Dashboard Boilerplate
- UI Kit: SB Admin (free version)
- DBMS: SQLite, PostgreSQL (production)
- DB Tools: SQLAlchemy ORM, Flask-Migrate (schema migrations)
- Modular design with Blueprints
- Session-Based authentication (via flask_login), Forms validation
- Deployment scripts: Docker, Gunicorn / Nginx, HEROKU
What is Flask
Flask is a lightweight WSGI web application framework. It is designed to make getting started quick and easy, with the ability to scale up to complex applications. Classified as a microframework, Flask is written in Python and it does not require particular tools or libraries. It has no database abstraction layer, form validation, or any other components where pre-existing third-party libraries provide common functions.
Read more about Flask Framework
How to use the App
- Set up the environment - prepare your workstation for Flask
- Compile the sources - start this Flask app in the local environment
- App Codebase - how the project files are organized
- App Configuration - how to configure this Flask application
SB Admin UI
SB Admin is a free, open-source, Bootstrap 4 based admin theme perfect for quickly creating dashboards and web applications. It's modern design style with subtle shadows and a card-based layout could be described as flat material and is inspired by the principles of material design along with a simple, attractive color system.