What is a Static Site
A static website contains Web pages with fixed content. Each page is coded in HTML and displays the same information to every visitor.
The term "static" does not mean that your site has no dynamic capabilities. It simply means that that your site consists of a set of "pre-built" files (namely html, js, and css files) that are directly served on request.
How to build a Static Site
A static site is usually generated from a variety of sources like: Headless CMS, Markdown files, Text files storedon the filesystem. There are manu static site genarators capable to build, manage and generate static content. We will mention only a few on this page:
- Gatsby - powered by React, GraphQL, Webapack may tools for image optimization, SEO etc.
- Gridsome - Build blazing fast websites for any CMS or data with Vue.js Uses the same architecture as Gatsby.
Static Site Samples
- Static Site Eleventy Ethereal - Static Site prototyped in Eleventy SSG
- Static Site Eleventy Fractal - Static Site prototyped in Eleventy SSG
- Static Site Eleventy Paradigm - Eleventy Static Site
- GatsbyJS Spectral - HTML5 Up Spectral design coded in GatsbyJS
- GatsbyJS Stellar - HTML5 Up Stellar design coded in GatsbyJS